We will be relaunching our PTFA in September 2019 – if you are interested in joining the PTFA please let a member of staff know.
Parents, Teachers and Friends Association – The PTFA
About The PTFA
The full memberships of the PTFA are the parents, teachers, staff and friends of St John the Divine CE Primary School.
Our aim within this organisation is to:
- Support the school through fundraising to improve facilities and opportunities for the benefit of students of St John the Divine Primary School, in accordance with school policies and guidelines.
- Engage in activities to provide facilities or equipment, which support the school and advance the education of pupils.
- Encourage new families to integrate into the school’s culture.
- Develop effective relationships between the staff, parents and others associated with the school through organised events.
- Support the school in providing funds raised throughout the year for students’ education, social, cultural and sporting activities at St John the Divine Primary School.
The PTFA Constitution was agreed at the last AGM, the purpose of the AGM on this day was to elect the Office members; Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary & Treasurer.
Committee Members are required to attend meetings and events, committing their time and efforts when required. Committee members may have a vote on various event led decisions.
The PTFA also appoints Class Representatives who are not office bearers of the core committee. A class representative can attend committee meetings, put forward ideas and suggestions but their vote may not be counted.
Class representatives provide support for all events held by the PTFA.
The Class Rep post is usually held for one year, at the beginning of the academic year the Class Reps can move up with their child to the next class in September and a new representative will be appointed for Nursery. Please contact us if you would like to put yourself forward for a class rep position.
PTFA Committee 2017 – 2018
|vice chair (office)||Vacant|
|treasurer (office)||Andrew Dyer||Eliana (Yr 4)|
PTFA Ideas Submission
Here at the PTFA we welcome parents ideas on how we can make a difference here at St John the Divine.