“We are a vibrant community where every person makes their unique contribution to creating a better society.
At St John the Divine, our Vision is of a joyful place where children are empowered to explore their potential through educational excellence within an environment of spiritual growth and well-being.
We are a school where all can flourish and be all they can be.”
Jesus said: I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.’ (John 10:10)
Our school motto is:
TEAM – Together Everyone Achieves More
You are the body of Christ, and each one of you is part of it.’ (Corinthians 12:27)
In order to achieve our vision we all have certain roles and responsibilities we need to fulfil; positive relationships are a prerequisite for achieving the above aims.
As governors we will:
- Actively support the school developing and implementing policies
- Meet regularly with the Head teacher
- Hold school staff to account
As a member of staff we will ensure that:
- Issues brought to our attention will be listened to carefully and dealt with promptly, fairly and consistently
- Instructions given and expectations set are appropriate and clearly understood
- That the behaviour policy is maintained and regularly reviewed
As parents we will:
- Be aware of the policies and expectations of the school and will actively support the implementation of them
- Liaise with the school by way of letters, informal discussions with class teachers, formal parents’ meetings, and interviews with the Head teacher, acknowledging the positive aspects of children’s behaviour and achievements
As pupils we will ensure that:
- We keep to the school rules we have been responsible for making by behaving appropriately in class, in the playground and around the school
- We all work together as a cohesive community to ensure that we meet our aims
We expect the pupils to:
- Listen carefully to adults and each other
- Learn by engaging well in tasks set
- Study at home to consolidate their learning
- Apply what they have learnt across the curriculum
- Achieve the best they can
The Governors and staff of St John the Divine Church of England Primary School are fully committed to safeguarding all of the children who belong to the school community. The school recognises its legal and moral duty to promote the well-being of children, protect them from harm, and respond to child abuse.
Parents and carers expect the school to provide a safe, secure and caring environment in which their children can flourish. To meet this expectation, the school implements a wide range of measures and policies, including the school’s Safeguarding and Child Protection policies and Health & Safety policy. Details of these policies can be found in the Policies section of the website.
The Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSL – Formerly known as Designated Child Protection Officers) are:
Mrs Warland – Head Teacher
Mrs Honeybourne – EYFS & Key Stage One Lead
Our Safeguarding Governor is:
Dr. Timothy Jones